Founded in 2016, the Canadian Muslims Research and Resource Centre (CMRRC) is a not-for-profit organization that offers integrated services and creates a safe place for Canadian Muslims as they face challenges in education, mental health, social issues and integration.
CMRRC engages local Muslim community leaders and social service agencies, as it aims to create social support networks that enable Muslim families and individuals to contribute to the wider community, while engaging in their own communities where their sense of belonging is strongest.
CMRRC ensures that professional support, guidance and advocacy are available to all members of the Muslim community in the Waterloo Region. It does this by:
• creating safe places for Canadian Muslims and connecting them with local social service agencies.
• providing a Canadian perspective to mental health, social, educational, and economic issues that Canadian Muslims face individually and socially.
• conducting academic research about Canadian Muslims and the social, educational, integration and mental health issues they face.
Through educational activities, seminars, conferences and workshops, and collaboration through dialogue, CMRRC creates an awareness of mental health issues.
Fostering understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims in larger society, and promoting intercultural and interfaith understanding, CMRRC empowers Canadian Muslims to connect and contribute to Canadian society.
CMRRC’s main goal is to ensure that professional support, guidance and ad-vocacy are available to all members of the Muslim community in the Waterloo Region.
CMRRC provides several educational activities and workshops to create an awareness of mental health issues and collaborate through dialogue.
CMRRC aims to create a pathway of understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims in larger society, and promote intercultural and interfaith under-standing.
1. To prioritize to create a safe, sustainable and social professional network that enables Muslims to tackle barriers and contribute meaningfully to life in Waterloo Region.
2. To empower Canadian Muslims to consider different perspectives and long-term consequences when making decisions.
3. To create awareness, build capacity, and advocate to reduce and prevent poverty.
CMRRC focuses to encourage the Canadian Muslims to inclusion, contribution, and proper integration into the larger society.